Tuesday 27 January 2015

I am going to share with you my exprience as a tour guide in the prince of wales museum with my co-students of the bvoc toyrusm departement at st. Xaviers college,mumbai.
Let me take you to a long long ago (3000 BC) to human history in India. Indian civilization is one of the ancient civilizations of the world. It was in 1920 A.D, when the work of laying the Larhore-Multan Railway line was in progress, a few bricks of ancient origin were found. The archaeological department started excavation work under the guidance of sir John Marshall and an ancient civilization was discovered. The HARAPPAN CIVILIZATION. As harappa was the first site where the remains of this civilization was found it is known as harappa. This civilization was situated on the banks of the Indus river. That day at the museum we had a section on prehistoric and historic culture where we had got to see a lot about the harappan style of living. Let me tell you a little in detail about it. 
The town planning- The Harappan culture was extremely advanced in respect to town planning and architecture. Thiers houses,protective walls,drainage systems etc show progress in architecture. The roads of the Harappan towns were parallel and connected to each other. 
Toys and aritfacts-There were displays of toys and small artifacts that they used to have in their houses. The artifacts also dipicted their belief in God or Goddess.
One of the major architecture that caught my eye was the GREAT BATH. The remains of the great bath was found at mohenjodaro. The great bath measured twelve metre long,seven meters broad and 2.5 metre deep. The putter wall of the bath had a width of 7 to 8 feet and there was also a provision of separate changing room. This implies that Harappans were well aware of sanitation.There were other objects of religious beliefs like seals,atatues,fire tanks etc. This was indeed a very nice experience for me as I came to know so much of my history that I don't know.
Here are some more recent facts I thought you'd like to know. They are in the picture-



Sources of this picture is newspaper and google.
By Zayceeann Alvares
102, Bvoc Tourism

No comments:

Post a Comment