Monday 19 January 2015

My First Museum Tour Guide

            Well Today i am writing this blog on as my Title suggest my first tour guide in Museum.The Museum i gave the guide was Prince Of Wales Museum a.k.a Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya,Colaba. It was an Assignment given to me by my Teacher. As I am Travel and Tourism student it becomes part of my studies and career So as i went to decide my topic for the guide i saw many awesome artifacts and i was just amused by seeing what India has collected in their Museum. I haven't seen all the Museums but seeing this Museum gave a rough idea of the beautiful things India has.
                        So as i was saying about my tour guide, I went into the sculptures section first. I saw many magnificent sculptures of many gods and goddess and there were also sculptures of Jain Gods.Then I went into Pre And Proto History Section and I decided to Select that as my topic to give tour guide as I have always been fascinated by History. And in this section I choose Tools used in Different Periods In those old days and it showed how mankind changed or I can say developed as the time went by as they started making progress.
So the Periods were :
·        Palaeolithic  Period
·        Mesolithic Period
·        Neolithic Period

Palaeolithic, Mesolithic Period were Stone age period. The tools they used were made by stone which was used for hunting and other purposes. It was during Neolithic period everything slowly started changing. It wasn’t Stone age anymore. There were many developments. The concept of agriculture was introduced in this time. People actually started settling down, villages were being formed and they started making tools from other materials as well. This period was later known as Bronze Age. Then Indus Valley Civilization . In this period as people began to settle down domesticating animals and cultivating plants. They began pottery. They made hand-made clay vessels which were sun-dried and not painted.In Harappan Studies, archaeologists have relied heavily on pottery, having used it to construct a chronology and site-to-site relationships across the abundant Harappan sites spread over a vast geographical area.

Viral Lodaya, 105
FyBvoc Tourism.


No comments:

Post a Comment